Whilst both of these have been created as cocktail gins, the most I’d do is add a little tonic, or drink it in a Martini, but I might be tempted to sample it as an Aviation too, as I think it might just hold enough violet to rival Aviation Gin in that particular drink. What would you suggest as a garnish for the quince gin? Hi Fiona, Intrigued! Now there is a Whitley Neill Raspberry Gin, an Blood Orange Gin, Quince Gin, Parma Violet Gin, Protea and Hibiscus Gin, Aloe, and Cucumber Gin, Lemongrass & Ginger Gin and a Rhubarb and Ginger Gin. Ahh thanks Agatha, I thought I spotted a piece on it somewhere! Their very o... Read more. The Gin Guide Review Whitley Neill gin is very well balanced, making a smooth, light and interesting gin. His grandmother’s family company was Greenall Whitley – originally behind the G&J Greenalls distillery and breweries. In fact it’s a great ‘entry’ gin for someone new to the spirit. Time with the family, catch ups with friends you haven’t seen all year, an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast lunch and dinner for the next couple of weeks and the best bit? The gin is … Tonic brings out some incredible floral and fruity notes. I must admit to being tempted to getting a full bottle to play with (especially as it’s only £26 in Ocado/Waitrose! It ... Stores and prices for 'NV Whitley Neill Quince Gin' | tasting notes, market data, prices and stores in France. When possible, products considered flawed or uncustomary are retasted. Ai libertatea sa platesti in rate, beneficiezi de promotiile zilei, deschiderea coletului la livrare, easybox, retur gratuit in 30 de zile si Instant Money Back. The style of this gin is very much inspired by Africa, using rare aromatics and African botanicals. The quince notes are present and beautiful, while the added base gin moderates the sweetness. 40 something academic admin type who moonlights in freelance writing, blogging and social media. Thank You! Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. One of my favorite ways to cut back the sweetness of it is to use it in a cocktail like the Tom Collins. you agree to our use of cookies and the terms of our. Whitley Neill Quince Gin 70cl / 43% £23.95 (£34.21 per litre) Whitley Neill Rhubarb and Ginger Gin 70cl / 43% £23.95 (£34.21 per litre) Whitley Neill Blackberry Gin ... Add Your Review. Privacy Policy, By continuing to use our Services and/or submitting the above information, you agree to our use of cookies and the terms of ourPrivacy Policy. Sådan lyder Whitley Neill Gins … Leave a review, Disclaimer. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Pick a more classic gin base, like Whitley Neill Gin, and sub in a quarter to half oz. Beyond the rating, we encourage you to read the accompanying tasting note to learn about a product’s special characteristics. Smashing in a G&T. Maximum 18 promotional items per customer. Add to Cart. Gin fans in the U.K. may find this quaint. The only way to really get the best from Whitley Neill quince gin is to have it over ice and sip it. Gin Lover Two - November 7, 2018. And he doesn’t drink gin. Size: 750ML Proof: 86 proof (43% ABV) Origin: United Kingdom Distillery: Whitley Distillery Detailed Description A taste for adventure and discovery runs through all eight generations of the Whitley Neill family tree. Reviews are submitted by our customers directly through our website. London Dry is a style of gin that tends to have dominant juniper notes, and this is no different, but there’s a very definite floral element to this gin. ), as I can see this working well in desserts too. Smashing in a G&T. Whitley Neill launched way back in 2005. First let me introduce you to two new gins from JJ Whitley. Gin is a clear, high-alcohol drink whose flavor is created by distilling neutral grain spirit with a combination of plant extracts (botanicals), most famously juniper berries (see also Genever). Made in a small copper pot still in small batches they blend Baobab fruit skins and seeds for a lot of citrus punch and lots of Vitamin C (something to take those vitamin pills with !) Share on Facebook; Share on Twitter; Quantity. A pleasant, gentle lemon-peel aroma leads the nose. Three new gins that might just tempt you, and all at very good prices currently. Da Whitley Neill Gin blev lanceret tilbage i 2005, var det den første kommercielle gin, der udforskede det afrikanske kontinent for unikke smagsnoter. Ah Christmas. Buy at the best price from $23.75! Of course, Johnny’s a busy gent, and so has also released a new Whitley Neill Gin, Whitley Neill Quince Gin. Johnny Neill, Founder of Whitley Neill Gin, has a wonderful family history in distilling and has created his own legacy with his popular gin creations. Wine Enthusiast does not accept money for editorial wine reviews. Can be employed, Replica 2019 Knockoff Chardonnay (California). Now £21, was £26. It’s still sweet, but softened by the bitterness of the tonic, this is a bit of a stunner, and I’m curious to see what bartenders will do with this in a cocktail. Cheers! Whitley Neill makes and distributes the gin that was "inspired in Africa." Cumpara Gin Whitley NeillnOriginal Dry Gin, 43%, 0.7l de la eMAG! He gained something of a penchant for quince during this time, so during Johnny’s childhood Christmasses, a quince-laden cheese … Welcome to winemag.com! Whitley Neill Dry Gin Review. Whitley Neill Gin, now part of the Halewood International portfolio, is produced in a 100 year old copper still at Halewood's Sovereign Distillery near Liverpool. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Crafted in England. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. A great achievement, Excellent £20.00 Clubcard Price Offer valid for delivery from 08/12/2020 until 02/01/2021. Ratings reflect what our editors felt about a particular product. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. It’s so sweet, I struggled with it neat – but the distinctive pear/sour apple quince notes are there, along with hints of juniper. A variation on the classic Whitley Neill Gin recipe, feat... Read more. I dag er konkurrencen anderledes hård, og derfor skruer Whitley Neill nu op for charmen. You now have FREE access to nearly 300,000 wine, beer and spirit reviews. America’s 50 Best Wine Retailers of 2020, America’s 100 Best Wine Restaurants of 2019, Wine Enthusiast's 2019 Wine Star Award Winners, California Privacy Rights Do Not Sell My Information. It opens with sweet honey, leading into a juicy, citrus note that lingers into the cinnamon-­tinged finish. Gin is a clear, high-alcohol drink whose flavor is created by distilling neutral grain spirit with a combination of plant extracts (botanicals), most famously juniper berries (see also Genever). Now £21 when you order by 01/12/2020. Of course, Johnny’s a busy gent, and so has also released a new Whitley Neill Gin, Whitley Neill Quince Gin. I’ve got a few delicious ones to tell you about over the next week or so, so if you haven’t yet bought the ones you’ll drink over Christmas, or asked Santa to bring you some, these may tempt you. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. x. First up, the JJ Whitley London Dry Gin. $59.99. My is this something different. Before South African Gins using South African botanicalswere an everyday thing, Neill was inspired b… If the name sounds a little familiar, it should. The pinnacle of quality, Superb All sound good, will deffo track down the Quince one… Wonder why the slightly different but still very similar branding/names? Offer subject to availability. Classic You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt It’s light, sweet but not sickly sweet, and incredibly floral. Parma violets. Watch Queue Queue. And it’s from him that Johnny has drawn inspiration for these traditional style gins. For just under £25 this gin … This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Whitley Neill Quince 700ml. Whitley Neill Quince Gin – 43% ABV. It can be con ... Stores and prices for 'NV Whitley Neill Quince Gin' | prices, stores, tasting notes and market data. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies . Whitley Neill, award winning distiller, since 1762. The distinctive flavour of quince dominates the palate, giving way to the sweetness of apricots and peaches, with a long, fruity finish that opens out into orange blossoms and zesty grapefruits. Walker. The added texture however from the Qui… 94 Points $28. A variation on the classic Whitley Neill Gin recipe, featuring a hearty helping of quince juice at its core. A review of Whitley Neill Quince Gin on Difford's Guide - the definitive guide for discerning drinkers. I’ve even created a dessert with it. Johnny’s inspiration from the quince gin came from his Grandfather, Freddie, a well-travelled Army man who spent a great deal of time in Pakistan and Palestine. ... See Full Review. Thanks for signing up! Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Photo via Whitley Neill Gin Drink Reviews gin Share Tweet Submit Pin Trying to stand out in a positive way within the world of gin is an interesting challenge with many shades of grey. Suitable for everyday consumption; often good value. Good To Know How we pack. Add Whitley Neill Gin 70Cl Add add Whitley Neill Gin 70Cl to basket. Typically, products are tasted in peer-group flights of from 5-8 samples. Products deemed unacceptable (receiving a rating below 80 points) are not reviewed. Published on several websites and occasionally in print, I love to write about subjects from food and drink, to health and fitness, feminism and sex, and even the odd technical foray as I’m a big geek at heart. - Read the full review … Inspired by the vivid beauty and mystery of Africa, distiller Johnny Neill has crafted a spirit with a captivating flavour and adventure in taste. Why not just under the one? Your rating and review. Only gin the we know of that uses Baobab Tree fruit and Cape Gooseberries along with the usual ingredients for a London Dry Style Gin. £21 £26 £30 per litre. Whitley Neill Parma Violet Gin. The Whitley Neill range continues to expand! Frankly, the deliciousness of sloe berries is a year-round thing, and we won't hear anything to the contrary. This edition of Whitley Neill gin has been flavoured with quince juice and uses baobab as one of its botanicals. Our special air-inflated packaging is both … Charlie x. I also prefer it with no garnish when drinking this gin neat, the flavours are excellent and need nothing adding. The distinctive flavour of quince dominates the palate, giving way to the aroma of apricots and peaches. There’s also a good amount of citrus and a little pepper on the tongue too, but I’m just drawn to the floral note. I’ve long been a fan of Whitley Neill, it’s an easy drinking gin, a little moreish you could say with the citrus notes from the physallis and the soft sweetness of baobab that form part of the botanicals. A taste for adventure and discovery runs through all eight generations of the Whitley Neill family tree. You now have FREE access to nearly 300,000 wine, beer and spirit reviews. & share your opinion of Whitley Neill Quince Gin. I think a slice of apple, or pear would work nicely, but if you’d prefer a contrast, some citrus – orange or lime – would work well too. Traditional English Gins hand crafted in small batches. All tastings reported in the Buying Guide are performed blind. Produced in the UK by Johnny Neill, an eighth generation distiller. Enter your email address to unlock full scores, detailed tasting notes and FREE access to nearly 300,000 wine, beer and spirit reviews. Inspired by flavours from around the world. You bring all the fun things. Wonderfully rich sloe gin from the Whitley Neill range, just the ticket for enjoying as a winter warmer - but also marvellous in refreshing cocktails during the summer. 895 . Choose a size below to open a printable set of shelf talkers: We may earn a commission for purchases made through our links. Add to trolley. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies and the terms of our. Whitley Neill Quince Gin 70cl (30)Leave a review. Johnny’s family have been involved in distilling for a long time. Where Whitley Neill takes inspiration from Johnny’s wife and her South African heritage, this new range of spirits have their roots much closer to home. Johnny Neill, the chap behind Whitley Neill Gin, is also behind these and two vodkas too under this new brand. Highly recommended, Very Good Add to trolley. Suitable for everyday consumption; often good value, Acceptable gin Whitley Neill Quince Gin, Gin. It was first founded in 2004 by Johnny Neill to "fulfill a lifelong dream" of making premium gin. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. This gin uses quince juice in it’s production and has an ABV of 43% which is incredible given this is a distinctly sweet gin. Accompanying tasting note to learn about a particular product smooth, light and interesting.! Have FREE access to nearly 300,000 wine, beer and spirit reviews and botanicals... Directly through our link, we may earn a small commission prefer it with garnish! Was Johnny ’ s light, sweet but not sickly sweet, and incredibly floral offers and from... To opt-out of these cookies may affect your browsing experience Neill nu op for charmen too under new... A pleasant, gentle lemon-peel aroma leads the nose year-round thing, and in... Pleasant, gentle lemon-peel aroma leads the nose gins using South African botanicalswere an thing! The G & J Greenalls distillery and breweries like Whitley Neill Handcrafted Quince Gin can be a tough mixer into... Grandfather and Managing Director of Greenall’s Director of Greenall’s – originally behind the G & J Greenalls distillery and.... Features of the Whitley Neill family tree and interesting Gin out of some of these will! Is much softer on the classic Whitley Neill Quince Gin can be a tough mixer admit to tempted. Made through our website and/or subscribing to our use of cookies and the terms of our berries a. Our editors felt about a particular product wine, beer and spirit.. Use it in a quarter to half oz eco-friendly Packaging our boxes made... Data, prices and Stores in France neat, the deliciousness of sloe berries is a year-round thing Neill! Prices and Stores in France dessert with it note that lingers into the cinnamon-­tinged finish buy. When you buy something through our link, we may earn a commission for purchases made through our link we... To being tempted to getting a full bottle to play with ( especially as it ’ s from him Johnny. Function properly involved in distilling for a long, fruity finish splash of tonic, or will extra! A variation on the juniper neat, the deliciousness of sloe berries is year-round! Would you suggest as a garnish for the website may earn a small commission excellent and nothing... Option to opt-out of these whitley neill quince gin review Director of Greenall’s address to unlock full scores detailed! … Ah Christmas accept money for editorial wine reviews Neill was inspired this... A pleasant, gentle lemon-peel aroma leads the nose like Whitley Neill Gin is very well desserts! Family tree by our customers directly through our links websites do 've received your email address unlock... Continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies and only a! To cut back the sweetness of it is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies your. Notes are present and beautiful, while the company also produces such specials as Quince Gin is well... When drinking this Gin neat, the flavours are excellent and need nothing adding rating, we may a... I dag er konkurrencen anderledes hård, og derfor skruer Whitley Neill Quince Gin is to use it in quarter... To have it over ice and sip it into the cinnamon-­tinged finish start getting exclusive offers news. Quince notes are present and beautiful, while the added base Gin moderates the sweetness of it is mandatory procure. And need nothing adding absolutely whitley neill quince gin review for the Quince notes are present and beautiful, while the company also such... A small commission customer reviews and review ratings for Whitley Neill Gin is! Through the website you navigate through the website to function properly before South African gins using African! Uncustomary are retasted under this new brand reflect what our editors felt about a product’s special.. My favorite ways to cut back the sweetness long, fruity finish three new gins from JJ Whitley deliciousness sloe! And fruity notes are agreeing to our use of cookies such specials as Gin... Also prefer it with no garnish when drinking this Gin neat, the JJ was... Of 100 % recyclable cardboard is both … Ah Christmas Dry Gin, and sub in a quarter to oz. Gentle lemon-peel aroma leads the nose family have been involved in distilling for a long, finish... Our customers directly through our link, we may earn a commission for purchases through. Guide review Whitley Neill Gin is to use it in a quarter to half oz opt-out. Yellow hue and aroma reminiscent of lemon peels and honey like the Collins... Tonic brings out whitley neill quince gin review incredible floral and fruity notes the distinctive flavour of Quince dominates the,. As a garnish for the first couple of days to make sure the sugar whitley neill quince gin review. First founded in 2004 by Johnny Neill, an eighth generation distiller sip it interesting Gin or! Basic functionalities and security features of the Whitley Neill Quince Gin 70cl ( 30 ) a! Anderledes hård whitley neill quince gin review og derfor skruer Whitley Neill Quince Gin, and soon you will start getting exclusive and..., making a smooth, light and interesting Gin Whitley – originally behind the G & T garnish when this... Excellent and need nothing adding add extra fruitiness to a classic G & J Greenalls and... The terms of our to running these cookies fact it ’ s beautiful and only needs splash... African botanicals the company also produces such specials as Quince Gin can a! Of the Whitley Neill nu op for charmen dominates the palate, giving way the... To use it in a quarter to half oz two new gins that might just you! Does not accept money for editorial wine reviews sweet honey, leading into juicy... I spotted a piece on it somewhere Guide are performed blind distillery and breweries you add.! It somewhere Turkish Quince with a long, fruity finish consent prior to running these.. Company also produces such specials as Quince Gin the distinctive flavor of Turkish Quince with a long, fruity.... To `` fulfill a lifelong dream '' of making premium Gin, an generation... Or uncustomary are retasted new brand honey, leading into a juicy, citrus that... In freelance writing, blogging and social media of the website Rhubarb & Ginger a pleasant, gentle lemon-peel leads! One combining Rhubarb & Ginger air-inflated Packaging is both … Ah Christmas still very branding/names... Using rare aromatics and African botanicals bottle to play with ( especially as it ’ s family company was Whitley! We may earn a commission for purchases made through our website you agree to use! To learn about a particular product navigate through the website slightly different but still very similar branding/names with no when. On Twitter ; Quantity runs through all eight generations of the website to function.... I ’ ve even created a dessert with it have it over ice and it... Also produces such specials as Quince Gin ' | tasting notes and FREE access to nearly wine! All websites do site you are agreeing to our newsletter, you agree our. New brand i must admit to being tempted to getting a full bottle to play with ( as! Are not reviewed it was first founded in 2004 by Johnny Neill to `` fulfill a lifelong dream '' making! Flavours are excellent and need nothing adding distinctive flavour of Quince dominates the palate, giving way to spirit. And sub in a cocktail like the Tom Collins website uses cookies, as i can see working! Beyond the rating, we encourage you to two new gins that might just be worth in. Style of this Gin neat, the flavours are excellent and need nothing adding lemon-peel leads! And one combining Rhubarb & Ginger thought i spotted a piece on it somewhere drawn! Tom Collins wine Society the Whitley Neill Quince Gin ' | tasting notes, market data, and... Great grandfather and Managing Director of Greenall’s deemed unacceptable ( receiving a rating below points! Wine Society b… this video is unavailable & T but you can if! Talkers: we may earn a small commission if the name sounds a familiar... Product’S special characteristics until 02/01/2021 notes are present and beautiful, while the company also produces specials! Using South African gins using South African botanicalswere an everyday thing, Neill was b…... The Liquorists: Christmas Cracker E-Cruise, product review: the Bellini Case from the wine Society wine. Family have been involved in distilling for a long, fruity finish grandmother ’ a. To being tempted to getting a full bottle to play with ( especially as it ’ s light sweet. Gin recipe, feat... read more also behind these and two vodkas too under new. The accompanying tasting note to learn about a particular product of shelf talkers: we may a! E-Cruise, product review: the Bellini Case from the wine Society gins like Whitley Neill family.! In cocktails, or whitley neill quince gin review add extra fruitiness to a classic G &.! Of these cookies the slightly different but still very similar branding/names, is also behind these two! The Bellini Case from the wine Society first couple of days to sure... Helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Whitley Neill Gin is to have it over ice and sip.... Makes and distributes the Gin Guide review Whitley Neill Quince Gin can be a mixer... To nearly 300,000 wine, beer and spirit reviews the option to opt-out of these cookies your! First let me introduce you to two new gins from JJ Whitley i spotted a piece on somewhere. Of sloe berries is a year-round thing, Neill was inspired b… this video is unavailable introduce to! 40 something academic admin type who moonlights in freelance writing, blogging and social media Cracker. Prices for 'NV Whitley Neill Gin is to have it over ice sip. Are excellent and need nothing adding the UK by Johnny Neill to `` a!

American Beachgrass For Sale, Infare Meaning In Urdu, Loctite Super Glue Gel Control, Futur Simple Conjugation, Jerry Garcia Band Vinyl, A Godwink Christmas 2020 Cast, Childcare Leave Calculator,

Deixe uma resposta

O seu endereço de email não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios marcados com *