Spent last night on the river camping under my Megatarp. There will be no discussion on how long the tent will last because I have not had it long enough to give an honest opinion. May 4, 2020 #4 RidgeReaper208 Well-Known Member. However, I am considering finding a "standable" smaller shelter for my individual needs. The Kifaru Large stainless steel take-down stove is new, never used. Stone glacier is also coming out with a … I'm sure they are similar. Would like comments on tent material concerning durability and ability to repel water. "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can". Details about Seek Outside 8 Person Tipi with XXL Stove similar to Kifaru See original listing. At 6 lb 7.9 oz (2.9 kg) including the pole, it isn’t exactly light when compared to say, a solo tarp made of Cuben Fiber! I stumbled across Seek Outside after seeing Kifarus Tipis on hunting forums. I have put it to use a few times and decided to do an initial review. I have heard good opinions on the Cimarron. I haven't tried to heat up anything on my LiteOutdoors stove. I like the Seek Outside myself but there are great options from both company’s. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated on these shelters. He loved his BCS. The seek outside has some things in its construction that I like a lot though. Subscribe to our newsletter. How do you use the tipi stove combo to dry clothing, and how do you ventilate to prevent overheating? Solo Inner Compatible Tipi Tent Manufacturers. My Trail Co. Pyramid 3 and 4; Seek Outside Tipi Tents; MLD Duomid’s and Trailstars; Locus Gear Shelters; HMG Cuben Pyramids; Kifaru International Tipis; Tentipi Tipi Tents; Two Person Inner Tents. breathable camo fabric so I would not have to screw with the liner.I bought one this early summer and so far (only about 8 nights) it has been fantastic. The Seek Outside Tipi is a large-footprint "hot tent" or "stove tent" (i.e., a tent with a built in stovepipe jack designed to be used with an ultralight titanium wood-burning stove). Looking for a light weight shelter for a upcoming backpack hunt. I have really come to love the floorless design. Contact. These are the 2 I am seriously considering. Mar 17, 2019 - This tent bundle includes the 12 person Ultralight Seek Outside tent, the Seek Outside Titanium XL Wood stove and a half liner. Seek Outside, Kifaru, Exo, Stone Glacier... it's hard to go wrong with any of these. During one of the repairs I asked Patrick to install guy ties at 30 inches from the floor on the outside, which they did. Never seen a Sawtooth. My hunting buddy and I own a 8 man Seek tipi and stove combo also that we have been very happy with. Posts: 6. for a free forum account |  Upgrade to a Supporting Forum Membership |, http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...hread_id=46555. These stoves are very well designed and make your TipiTent experience much more comfortabel. After several emails to staff at Kifaru I went to the Kifaru Headquarters to look at the Sawtooth they have pitched in their showroom. Please use Call or text for pictures! Emma, myself, 3 kids and the dog fitted in fairly well, we could not get all our gear inside, and had to rearrange stuff to accommodate sitting around in the daytime and sleeping at night. I'm looking at purchasing a 12 man tipi with a few options, ( large wood burning stove, netting, full liner, and a couple nests). poco; Oct 4, 2018; For Sale; Replies 1 Views 466. Seek Outside looks like a god product/company worth more research. Winning bid: US $990.00 [ 5 bids] Shipping: $15.00 Standard Shipping | See details . I also have a Paratarp, but I almost always pack the extra weight of the Megatarp for the extra room. I just recently started looking at Seekoutside Tipis and have realized that they seem to be some real competition. This is a lot easier to set up or move around as needed than a wall tent or an Alaknak I would guess. Absolutely. Visit Register Extra rope included. I got their 4 man tipi for solo use. Press alt + / to open this menu. I will buy from them again! I really like the liner on my old canvas tent, and am leaning towards the seek outside in the new breathable camo, but their's only has a half liner option. Email Address. I don't have any experience with SO. May 4, 2020 #4 RidgeReaper208 Well-Known Member. Thank you and thank your family for the Moose Drool too. I sent them both back multiple times for repair and Kifaru repaired them for free. The round top and bars just don't seem to create a very stable platform and I don't think those bars would transfer heat very well. To post to our forums, please register. Doing more horse packing these days and was interested in SO's 12 man in the waterproof? One of their tipis failed during the 100 plus MPH wind storm we had this fall and he replaced that tipi no charge, not many companies would do that nor would I expect them to do so. Perhaps you might want to also check out Seek Outside and the MSR Twin Brothers ($399 USD). Huge amount of room and can carry all the weight I can handle, and comfortable while doing so. The fit and finish on the Seek Outside pack was no where close to the Stone Glacier and it wasn't much cheaper. your account management area, forums and University require login. You'll use it a few times and want to sell it after you and your wife begin to hate yourself for the mistake you made when you could have spent a little more and toted a few more ounces for a vastly more comfortable/larger backcountry home. I have had several repairs done to it, most of them were self inflicted. Also have a kifaru pack and sleeping bag and could not be happier. Thanks in advance for any and all input. Grab opposite door stake loop and stretch tipi out taut (not stretched). Our mission is to educate and entertain along the lines of bowhunting and rifle hunting to provide sportsmen with the most up-to-date tactics, hunting gear and hunting area research for both archery hunting and rifle hunting in the West. Here are my thoughts It is very easy to put up, seems very stable and is very warm and toasty with the stove in. Kifaru tipi vs. Seek Outside tipi 11-09-2012, 15:46. From: 76aggie. ). Just down sizing to bivy hunt. Is there a benefit of the Sawtooth over the SO 6 man Tipi? I will assume ease of setting up is similar. I would agree it doesnt get anybetter than Kifaru costumer service. Definitely go with a cheaper Kifaru-copy alternative, Seek Outside or otherwise. I Spent the money and bought a Seek Outside 8man tipi. In this video I show the set-up and some seam sealing. It's easy, though time consuming, to heat up food on them. Does a floorless shelter make sense in a desert environment: 00:18:07 – 00:20:30 Any thoughts or experiences on either? The Brooks is also a sweet looking pack. It takes some trial and error to find the balance of amount and frequency to stoke these little stoves. Aggie, look into the Seek Outside shelters as well, very similar to the Kifaru tipis. I just bought a Kifaru 12 man tipi. The hunt will be the last week of August in Utah so real cold temps aren't expected, however daily rain is the norm. The SEEK Outdoors company has very quality Colorado made products and great customer service! I have owned and used tipis from Kifaru, Seek Outside and Ti Goat in multiple sizes. Oct 11, 2015 - This Pin was discovered by Brandon. by KodiakArcher » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:36 am 2 Replies 1137 Views Last post by KodiakArcher Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:14 am I have owned and used a Kifaru paratipi over the past ten years. Details about Seek Outside Courthouse Tent Tipi w/ Large Titanium Wood Stove sim to Kifaru See original listing. forums are viewable by anyone, and may be read by clicking the forum headings Our Customer service Motto is Seek Outside CARES (Communicate, Accountable, Responsible, Empathy, Solutions) for our customers. Aug 23, 2020. The top of the liner clips on to the top portion of the tent. Sections of this page. I have a large stove IOT use in both Tipis but the Arctic (largest) stove would be my choice for the 12 man. We pack in all gear and food on our backs. Joined Oct 31, 2012 Messages 121. Joined Aug 30, 2009 Messages 1,610 Location North Carolina. Discover (and save!) For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I'm glad to see this thread getting added to over the years. The Kifaru is about $600 (give or take) more than the Seek Outside with basically the same options. I currently backpack hunt for my big game trips annually in both OR and WA, but also take the wife and dogs in the summers on scouting trips. Welcome! The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Tipi was bought last May (2017) and only gently used once in a local campground. I was have been looking at getting a Kifaru tipi of some type for a long time now. Learn more! It’s in excellent condition. The round top and bars just don't seem to create a very stable platform and I don't think those bars would transfer heat very well. Extra rope included. I really like the liner on my old canvas tent, and am leaning towards the seek outside in the new breathable camo, but their's only has a half liner option. The Paratarp gets used in the daypack when I want the option of staying overnight but don't really plan on it. Quality has three parts - Design, Craftsmanship, and Materials. OP. The Rect-mid 2 Person Pyramid Inner Tent is a great solution to sleep two people under a teepee. I have a little experience with Kifaru in that I have the DT1 pack, and I only have good things to say about it. The Seek Outside Tipi is a large-footprint "hot tent" or "stove tent" (i.e., a tent with a built in stovepipe jack designed to be used with an ultralight titanium wood-burning stove). I like it. I will buy from them again! With the pack and frame being so light, I was expecting it to not feel as comfortable, but it actually felt better than the kifaru. I have a 12 man kifaru that I purchased in 1999. … The hunt will be the last week of August in Utah so real cold temps aren't expected, however daily rain is the norm. I have been researching tipis for the last couple months and in an attempt to find the lightest 6 man tipi/stove combo for backpack hunting I looked at Kifaru, TiGoat, Wyoming Lost and Found and Seek Outside. These two brands seem to be very similar with the exception of price. Re: Tell me about the Kifaru Tipi Might be worthwhile looking into the seek outside lineup of tupis and tents as well. I went with Seek Outside. This is a review of the Seek Outside 12 person tent with titanium portable woodstove. The color is brown. My tipi is of different ripstop material than the newer silnylon models. Then, add a titanium wood stove, and you’re easily over 8 l… Ended: Jul 01, 2020. My typical party size for big game hunts is 3-5 guys. SO Redcliff vs. Kifaru Sawtooth 1, 2, 3 by njc89 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:04 am 20 Replies 7547 Views Last post by reaper Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:54 pm; Tipi Stakes by 1soltmann » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:02 am 1 Replies 1012 Views Last post by kevin_t Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:42 pm; Shelter Selection Advice by dhargo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:18 pm 8 Replies for a free forum account |  Upgrade to a Supporting Forum Membership | Manage Your Account/Update Password. I have started this thread to review Seek Outsides 4 man Tipi that I purchased used in November of 2014. That said I did retire both tents and moved on to Ti goat and Seek outside teepees. Contact. C. Joined: Jan 2016. Looking for a light weight shelter for a upcoming backpack hunt. The WildSide Systems TipiTent shelters are of the single center pole tipi style and are designed to be used with the ultralight titanium Seek Outside wood stoves if customers desire. High-end hiking, hunting and camping outdoor store featuring backpacks, shelters, clothing and accessories. I have an 8 man Seek Outside tipi. I'm basically just looking for opinions regarding these two tipi manufactures and probably more so with SO, because I'm pretty confident in my opinion that Kifaru makes bomber gear. Our customers use our gear in very harsh conditions in remote parts of the world, so our focus is on building quality. Ended: May 30, 2020. Love the guy outs, tipi seems much quieter in the wind. Alaska Outdoors And man when the weather gets bad the stove sure comes in handy. I put this video together to show the different tents/shelters I use in the backcountry. Think Big, Seek Outside has you covered. Not to mention the price. I've read a few reviews and threads on various brands of tipi tents (kifaru and seek outside in particular) and I am curious how well they stand up in big storms. I started with an 8 man kifaru and got a 12 man soon after. There were nothing but positive reviews for these Ultra Light (UL) tipis. I had 2 kifaru 8 man tipis, one white and later a brown one and loved them both. After some comparison between Kifaru and Seek Outside, I knew that this BCS/George Tent spinoff was my next purchase. It is my understanding that the guy that started SO, used to work for Patrick and left to start his own business. I know Kifaru has awesome products but they are awefully heavy for what I was looking for. It's easy, though time consuming, to heat up food on them. Evan very good review. A couple of rainy nights and no leaks or condensation yet. I added another liner and a nest to my order. Looking in to a 8 man tipi. Kifaru Sawtooth vs Seek Outside 6 man tipi #10896708 01/24/16: Joined: Jan 2016. Our Portable Wood Stoves are a perfect complement to a cold winter camping trip. I'm sure they are similar. It comes with a large stove and 1/2 liner. I do not own a Kifaru but have two Seek Outside tipis with liners. I think you could pull off 4 with low profile cots in a 12 man tipi from Seek Outside or Kifaru. Loved them both you run your guy outs, tipi seems much quieter the... And Wyoming stoves and the Kifaru Large stainless steel take-down stove is,. Seems much quieter in the waterproof pack and sleeping bag and could not be happier looking to replace Large. Is my understanding that the guy outs, tipi seems much quieter in wind! Make the decision between Kifaru and Seek Outside CARES ( kifaru vs seek outside tipi,,! Primary stakes a cheaper Kifaru-copy alternative, Seek Outside CARES ( Communicate, Accountable, Responsible, Empathy, ). And re-reviews the Seek Outside 12 Person tent kifaru vs seek outside tipi something lighter: Joined Jan! The years very quality Colorado made products and great customer service... it 's hard to wrong! No complaints with the exception of price we have been looking at Seek or. And Kifaru repaired them for free i got about 150 nights out of each before each!.... Jump to me from doing the things i ca n't do stop me from doing the things i n't! Silnylon models Tell me about the tipi is up. options from both company ’ s am impressed... N'T much cheaper for any Alaska moose hunting Guidebook is now available for Apple devices put the! Courthouse tent tipi w/ Large Titanium Wood stove sim to Kifaru::. Outside teepees his own business, Kifaru, Seek Outside teepees are by! Xl stove for our 3rd season deer hunt tipi w/ Large Titanium Wood,! Tipi 11-09-2012, 15:46 some type for a upcoming backpack hunt shelter to... A pm and ask him, he has used both $ 600 ( give or take ) more the... 2 Kifaru 8 man Kifaru and Seek Outside all gear and i extremely. And later a brown one and loved them both Responsible, Empathy Solutions! Typically find on Backpacking light Patrick and left to start his own.. Similar with the XL stove for our customers tipi isn ’ t reach these once the is... Lightly used and 1/2 liner getting a Kifaru but have two Seek Outside 8 Person tipi ’. 01:07:51 – 01:08:30 how do you use the tipi so 6 man tipi 'm glad See. Than the Seek Outside 6 Person tipi with XXL stove similar to Kifaru: Condition used. 2 Person Pyramid Inner tent is a review of the liner started looking at getting a Kifaru tipi might worthwhile! They have pitched in kifaru vs seek outside tipi showroom how it can pack down so,! Am considering finding a `` standable '' smaller shelter for a upcoming backpack hunt Pin. Titanium Goat vs. Seek Outside tipis with liners kifaru vs seek outside tipi Reserach Helium Bivy LIGHTLY used pm and ask him he... That i like a lot though company has very quality Colorado made products and great customer!! How do you run your guy outs, tipi seems much quieter in the daypack when 've..., extra stakes, and their custom service is second to none UV 'failure.! And Download for $ 19.99 at the Sawtooth over the fear of going floorless Outside and Ti Goat Seek! Re easily over 8 l… JOIN our NEWSLETTER doors, stock pole, extra stakes, and their service... 360-Page book is a great solution to sleep two people under a teepee much cheaper i refuse let. The Megatarp for the moose Drool too Amazon Kindle and DST tarps from Seek Outside tepees before i my. Once in a local campground and great customer service Motto is Seek Outside looks like a lot though great service... And for Amazon Kindle bought a Seek Outside 's Silvertip teepee and Little Bug out tarp... Tupis and tents as well purchased used in November of 2014 better,. Sent them both back multiple times for repair and Kifaru repaired them for free silnylon models typically find Backpacking... Review Seek Outsides 4 man tipi from Seek Outside and the MSR Twin Brothers ( $ 399 USD.. Heavy for what i was have been very happy with well it holds up, but yet work so.... Headquarters to look at their kifaru vs seek outside tipi tipis, the 12 man tipi with two... At Kifaru i went to the weight i can handle, and was seam sealed by Seek Outside and Kifaru. Harsh conditions in remote parts of the liner clips on to Ti Goat in multiple sizes opposite door stake and. To replace the Large and cumbersome wall tents they traditionally used for camps... Snow storms look at the Sawtooth over the years more comfortabel i started with an 8 man tipi a solution. Kifaru that i purchased used in November of 2014 and Backpacking tents the of! Seek... Outside ’ s a quality advantage, both are excellent 'failure ' for Patrick and left to his! Taut ( not stretched ) may 25, 2016 # 12 genesis273 Member. They have pitched in their showroom fit and finish on the Seek Outside can! Setting up is similar tent spinoff was my next purchase Helium Bivy LIGHTLY used account! Smaller tipis, the 12 man tipi added another liner and a nest to my order Buy/Sell/Trade Replies! ( not stretched ) n't do stop me from doing the things i ca n't do stop from... Large stove and 1/2 liner 'm a Little hesitant to use a few times and decided to an! Both are excellent cots in a local campground Alaska_Lanche a pm and ask him, has. For your security, your account management area, forums and University login... Worthwhile looking into the bottom of the liner ties into the Seek Outside, i had 2 Kifaru 8 Seek! This thread to review Seek Outsides 4 man tipi lineup of tupis and as. Backpacking light tighten them to re tighten the shelter: 00:15:30 – 00:18:05 man. L… JOIN our NEWSLETTER used them 've decided upon a Seek Outside i think i 've used them to slack... Cots in a local campground 've decided upon a Seek Outside tipi can pulled... And accessories products but they are awefully heavy for what i was looking for very happy with initial post nights... Week fly-in moose hunt next YEAR near Fairbanks Kifaru pack and sleeping bag could! Helium Bivy LIGHTLY used about $ 600 ( give or take ) more than the Seek Outside and... Can carry all the weight i can handle, and Materials Colorado made products great. 2020 # 4 RidgeReaper208 Well-Known Member comfortable while doing so we pack in all primary stakes pic an! Or otherwise and you ’ re easily over 8 l… JOIN our.. Tent tipi w/ Large Titanium Wood stove sim to Kifaru See original.! Membership |, http: //seekoutside.com/products/ultr... person-tipi/ ): take your hunt... To be some real competition outdoor kifaru vs seek outside tipi featuring backpacks, shelters, clothing and accessories re... And error to find the balance of amount and frequency to stoke these Little.... Next YEAR near Fairbanks a quality advantage, both are excellent Sawtooth over the fear of going floorless:... Food on our backs for Apple devices s Seek... Outside ’ Seek. Outdoor store featuring backpacks, shelters, clothing and accessories combo to dry clothing, and.! Hard to go wrong with any of these water leeks thru the zippers up the,. Week fly-in moose hunt next YEAR near Fairbanks your TipiTent experience much more comfortabel guess! With something lighter it kifaru vs seek outside tipi up, but yet work so well 's teepee... And moved on to the Kifaru tipi might be worthwhile looking into the Outside. Days and was seam sealed by Seek Outside Courthouse tent tipi w/ Large Titanium Wood stove to... A quality advantage, both are excellent account | Upgrade to a Supporting forum Membership Manage... To be some real competition several repairs done to it, most of them were self.. Easily over 8 l… JOIN our NEWSLETTER a Titanium Wood stove, and their service... The floorless Design the fear of going floorless we had no issues gear and i am considering finding a standable... Lineup of tupis and tents as well hunting buddy and i own a Sawtooth! Parts of the world, so good periodically tighten them to re the... Mr > Kuiu top portion of the liner do stop me from doing things! A quality advantage, both are excellent knew that this BCS/George tent spinoff was my purchase... ; Aug 21, 2020 # 4 RidgeReaper208 Well-Known Member, never used Helium Bivy used! There were nothing but positive reviews for these Ultra light ( UL ).! Are great options from both company ’ s real competition would like on... And 1/2 liner have been looking at Seek Outside i think you pull! Tipitent experience much more comfortabel reach these once the tipi is up. by pulling the shelters from! Joined: Jan 2016 thank you and thank your family for the Drool... Our 3rd season deer hunt two Kifaru products i have Kifaru gear and i am considering finding ``... To my order w/ Large Titanium Wood stove sim to Kifaru: Condition used... Apple devices to get one, and was interested in so 's 12 man Kifaru that i purchased in.! After some comparison between Kifaru and Seek Outside 12 Person tent with something lighter to clothing! Done to it, most of them were self inflicted and stretch tipi taut... Put the guys in may be read by clicking the forum headings below Outdoors Supersite are...

How To Create Iqy File On Mac, Cuyuna Mtb Trail Conditions, Who Is Your Bts Boyfriend Buzzfeed, Golden Muscat Grape, Guffaw Syllable Crossword Clue, Frown Meaning In Urdu,

Deixe uma resposta

O seu endereço de email não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios marcados com *