From this point, it is just a short uphill section and a final short, steep climb that brings you to the most spectacular view of the day at Lynn Peak. At first I was startled by the crashing noises (I thought it might be a bear) until we worked out what was causing the racket! This is a clip of my way down from Lynn Peak. For the first 45 minutes to an hour it's pretty steep going. If you would like to take on this mountain but would prefer a shorter, easier adventure, South Lynn Peak may be the answer. Hi Jim, Just read your piece on Lynn Headwaters,and thought I'd mention the hike up Lynn Peak.You get to it off the Lynn Loop trail,and,for those who Lynn Peak Trail - ClubTread Community Google search I had never seen pine cones quite like that. The trail to Lynn Peak is a challenging hike in Lynn Headwaters Regional Park but the view from the top makes the climb worth the hard work. If there is no parking here, backtrack about 500m to the overflow lot and walk back towards the overflow parking lot. There are quite a few possible places to park; There are car parks up the Lynn Valley Road – this is the shortest walk. The Lynn Headwaters Trail continues to the beautiful Norvan … Yay! From the easy Cedars Mill Trail, Lynn Loop Trail and the Headwaters Trail that run along the picturesque Lynn Creek to the more difficult and challenging peaks such as difficult Coliseum Mountain and the less challenging though still a great workout you get from Lynn Peak. Expect snow maybe on the last 30/40mns of the trail. We saw crazy fluffy mushrooms, bright orange mushrooms, and mushrooms that looks like noses, sniffing out from the tree trunks. As soon as you make it onto the Lynn Peak trail, the ground becomes rocky and rooty (is that a word!?) From there it’s a short hop, skip and a jump into Lynn Headwaters Park. The Lynn Lake trail, in the Lynn Headwaters Regional Park in Vancouver's North Shore mountains,The trail is flagged, though probably not recently. The hike itself is normally done only to a lookout, and not to the actual summit of Lynn Peak - which lies a few … It’s not impressive on its own. Watch Queue Queue Hiking Trail. Lynn Loop is a short trail that takes you up through the forest before looping back along the rushing water of Lynn Creek. Once you've enjoyed the views, hike back downhill eventually meeting up with the Lynn Loop Trail. I was glad to have hiking sticks for the way down. I The Lynn Headwaters Trail continues to the beautiful Norvan … Lynn Loop Trail Hiking Route. Image of people, wood, trunk - 117802090 Explore eebeejay's photos on Flickr. On average it takes 1 hour28 minutes to complete this trail. Beyond the trail was still marked by flaggings but I don’t think it’s regularly maintained. We brought along our North Shore trail map for this, but we didn’t really need it. This patch somehow avoided the logging that took place on the rest of the North Shore so there are some huuuuge douglas fir and cedar trees. However, it is a steady climb with long stretches of exposed roots and loose rubble and boulders along the way. Lynn Peak is a much different hike than the Norvan Falls hike. Bring your walking boots at least! You can’t really see anything from them. Expect windfall and slides to make route finding still an issue at times. Time: 4 – 4.5 hours To reach the start of the trail, take Highway #1 to the Lynn Canyon Exit and follow Lynn Valley Road northbound. The viewpoint near the top does have a nice view down to Burnaby and East Van, so if the clouds have parted by the time you get to the top, you’ll have an extra reward! Thanks Debbie! After getting off the bus, walk down the paved road into the forest towards the parking area and the start of the trail. gear, and other outdoor related updates. The trail makes its way through the second-generation growth forest, ascending quickly. The first lookout offers a great view of Seymour Mountain. It looks over to the west towards Grouse Mountain and on a clear day, out into the Georgia Strait. It’s a perfect spot to stop for lunch. Highest Point: 1015m for North Lynn Peak The Lynn Peak trail is moderately challenging, and offers moderate rewards. Not much view at the peak due to trees but a much better view at the viewpoint on the way down. Take bus #228 to Lynn Valley and get off at Dempsey and Lynn Valley Road (by the general store/cafe). We will meet in the Lynn Headwaters Parking lot, by the ranger station, and hike the Lynn Loop until the trail splits off to Lynn Peak! conditions are very poor in some areas. This just means it’ll be a pretty hike, whatever happens. What to bring: opt-in to receive email updates, news and information from This trail goes by South Lynn Peak. Thanks for your comment! 😀. The main one, as well as two lower lookouts on the way there. Lynn Peak is sometimes compared to the Grouse Grind as it offers a great cardio workout but is much less crowded. Where the road turns left, continue going straight along the narrow road to the last parking lot. Photo about Lynn Peak Trail in Lynn Headwaters Regional Park, Vancouver, BC. Once you leave Lynn Loop and start on the Lynn Peak trail, you will quickly be met with a trail of softball sized rocks so good hiking … The Lynn Peak trail branches off the (also lovely) Lynn Loop. We brought along our North Shore trail map for this, but we didn’t really need it. Thanks Marysia! I even had a little jelly-legs by the end of the day. To be honest, the lower lookouts were a little disappointing. eebeejay has uploaded 2914 photos to Flickr. Last year we were regularly sworn at by squirrels as we hiked all the North Shore hiking trails. Jan 4, 2016 - Lynn Peak in North Vancouver is a steep hike located in the Lynn Creek area and offers a great view of Vancouver and Seymour Mountain. 😀. Compared to the nearby Grouse Grind, this trail is much easier and much less … It’s pretty easy, but slippy in places, especially on the tree roots. Your Yoho hike must have been worth it for the views above the treeline! You should always aim to bring the ten essentials It sounds like very few people love this hike!! The information provided herein is further subject to our Terms of Use. The trail is quite rocky in sections, so watch your step as many of the rocks can easily be knocked loose causing an injury. Yes! From the easy Cedars Mill Trail, Lynn Loop Trail and the Headwaters Trail that run along the picturesque Lynn Creek to the more difficult and challenging peaks such as difficult Coliseum Mountain and the less challenging though still a great workout you get from Lynn Peak. That must be the most positive write-up of Lynn Peak ever 🙂 It has a pretty bad reputation but I must admit I’d rather do it than the Grind. This kept the hike interesting. Just pinned this for when I visit Vancouver. If you reeeally want to stretch your legs, start early, and challenge yourself with the epic. More Stats for Lynn Peak hike trail. Lynn Peak is a well-traveled hike in Lynn Headwaters Regional Park in North Vancouver. Lynn Headwaters Regional Park has many trails that offer a variety in choosing shorter hikes to longer day hikes. Nice hikking into the woods with 650m of elevation gain; You start at 300m and... Did this March 31, 2019. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I’m still glad we did the extra walk from the viewpoint though as I loved the mushroom-filled pathway. Please ensure that you pick up after your dog to prevent wild animals being attracted to the area. Initially setting out to the south peak, the trail is quite wide and consists of mainly rocks. Mountains of British Columbia at Wikia Recent changes All pages Subpages Connections Editing tutorial [refresh ] The Lynn Peaks are located in Lynn Headwaters Regional Park, in the District of North Vancouver. There is a well maintained trail to the Lynn Peak viewpoint which, at 921 metres, is short of the … This report was generated from the a ridelog. The hike changes quite a bit after the lookout. This meant I was really happy to hear squirrels shouting at us on our walk up the peak. 758 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos taken at ‘Lynn Peak Trail’ It’s pretty easy to reach via public transport too. After that, we just retraced our steps and followed the Lynn Peak trail back down the mountain, past the sweary squirrels. I found it fun, but harder than I expected. The Lynn … I was starting to worry about the sweary little dudes! Facilities: Oct 24, 2020 Lynn Peak Trail Report; Lynn Peak (North Vancouver) All Clear / Green; Snow Covered - non groomed snow cover; Hike Reporter Primary Activity; Trail looks like baby head-sized rocks in a creek bed but besides that is easily travelled. We started at the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve, where there is a new car park close to the Rice Lake Gate (it must be reeeally new as it’s not on google maps yet!). Enjoy the view before continuing up the rocky trail as the grade steepens once again. Dogs: All content, photos and gps data are © 2007 - 2020 VancouverTrails.com. Just be aware that Vancouver’s North Shore Mountains are always going to be a tough workout! It's a pretty treacherous, steep, rooty, slippery, buggy trail, with few views. This hike has quite a few sign posts and once you’re on the Lynn Peak trail, just keep following it to the top! We attempted a hike similar to this on our drive to Yoho and it was filled with exposed roots and basically all uphill. Looks like this would be a good one to do on a warmer day since you have so much coverage with the trees. 😀. The Lynn Peak Trail is a rigorous hike in Lynn Headwaters Regional Park with a distance of 9 km to the summit. See 3 photos and 1 tip from 55 visitors to Lynn Peak Trail. The whole area around Vancouver is really pretty! The terrain changes throughout. ... A steep trail in Lynn Headwaters Regional Park with a great view, Lynn Peak is a great hike close to the city. The start of this hike starts a few minutes up from the suspension bridge. This is best in Spring. The trail to Lynn Peak starts on the Lynn Loop route, so walk past the sign and follow the trail as it quickly heads uphill. There are a number of trails that branch off the main loop trail including a a 20 min hike up to a viewpoint (there is a sign indicating this). Let me know when you visit as I have loads of other good ideas for hikes. There is a trail that continues from this point to the summit, however there are no views at the summit and most people only make it to the last viewpoint, which is known as Lynn Peak. Then, follow the Lynn Loop trail (you have to walk up a gravel road for a short way first) and a little while later the Lynn Peak Trail will bear off to the right (there is a little bit of climbing involved before you get there). The trail has a mellow start and follows the graded path above the eastern side of Lynn Creek before continuing left along the Lynn Loop Trail. The trees tower above you, but it is nothing like the Grind in terms of solitude! Lynn Peak is a challenging 12.4 km hike with 1019 metres of elevation. This… Our hike was about 820m in elevation gain from the car park to the peak and it was less than 15km. If you want to walk a little further, head to Norovan Falls. However I did find this walk harder than I expected. How hard is it? Moderate. Cedars Mill and Lynn Headwaters Trail Loop To access the Cedars Mill and Lynn Headwaters Trail Loop, hikers must first walk along the Lynn Valley Loop trail … Elevation gain: 750m to the look out, 820m to the South Lynn Peak. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. You went super close to this too last weekend right? The trail to Lynn Peak is a challenging hike in Lynn Headwaters Regional Park but the view from the top makes the climb worth the hard work. Lynn Peak. Find a place along the rocks to sit and soak in the view before heading back. And I can totally relate to the jelly legs. Lynn Peak is one of North Vancouver's most popular and accessible trails. Lynn Peak Trail. This hike primary trail can be used both directions. You will want to get off of the bus near the end of the route at Dempsey and Lynn Valley Road. Hehehe right after I wrote this, I saw a twitter thread about the worst walks near Vancouver, and quite a few people listed Lynn Peak(!) After walking for about 40 minutes, a small view of Seymour Mountain appears on the right, much of which has grown over. The hike along the Lynn Loop Trail begins at the Lynn Headwaters Regional Park trailhead. Hike to the Lynn peak at Lynn Headwaters Regional Park in North Vancouver! Looks like something I would enjoy, great post! From the easy Cedars Mill Trail, Lynn Loop Trail and the Headwaters Trail that run along the picturesque Lynn Creek to the more difficult and challenging peaks such as difficult Coliseum Mountain and the less challenging though still a great workout you get from Lynn Peak. View a map of Driving directions to Lynn Peak. This is a very steep trail, often drawing comparisons to the Grouse Grind, and has a great view of Vancouver from the peak. 976 ft. Altitude max. Questions or comments can On our map, it looked like there are three lookouts on Lynn Peak. The city and as far away as the USA can been seen on a sunny, clear day. What an absolutely beautiful area to hike in Josy! Once you’ve made it into the park, follow the signs to the Lynn Loop to start the walk. This is the same trailhead as other popular hikes like Norvan Falls, Lynn Peak, Coliseum Mountain, and Hanes Valley.. To begin the hike, park at Lynn Headwaters (), and walk onto the trail.There is a park map and … This hike has quite a few sign posts and once you’re on the Lynn Peak trail, just keep following it to the top! Go right and begin climbing uphill to Lynn Peak. Sign up to receive hiking updates, information This is a very good trail for workouts. This is a moderate one way trail to Lynn Peak in Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve. "Lynn loops trails moderate path comparing with the peak one" From downtown Vancouver, take the Seabus across to North Vancouver and at the Lonsdale Quay bus loop, take bus #228 to Lynn Valley. Wow, that is such a good guide! 4 likes. From our car at closest parking lot to the trailhead, the distance is 5.4 km to the Lynn peak viewpoint. We followed Lynn Peak Trail which is uphill and rocky so best you watch your footing. The distance and elevation gain is similar to the neighboring mountain, the Grouse Grind. As there are no steps, you need to really watch your step! I was surprised to see a small patch of black mushrooms that had a slightly purple tint. Have pinned and mixed. Hiked on 03.03.2019. In addition to Lynn Peak, there are sooo many good trails close to Lynn Peak! The elevation gain for this hike is not particularly huge. If you would like to take on this mountain but would prefer a shorter, easier adventure, South Lynn Peak … It might be good on warm days, but I’m not convinced that I’d like it in the middle of the summer…I have a feeling you’d need a lot of bug spray! Sign up for Facebook today to discover local businesses near you. Vancouver Trails about local hiking information, events, deals on I think those squirrel cones are from subalpine firs – were they blue-grey in colour? Lynn Headwaters Park is truly gorgeous when the trees are surrounded by mist and when sun streams through their foliage. be sent by Email through the Contact Us Although we try to keep information as current as possible, www.vancouvertrails.com makes no warranty or representation as to the availability, quality, fitness for purpose, conditions or accuracy of the information provided with respect to this trail or trails. The thing I liked most about the top section of this walk, was all the amazing mushrooms. Continue past the shopping center and past the turnoff to Lynn Canyon Park. From the parking area, walk towards and cross Lynn Creek to where a signboard is on the other side with a map of the area. If you’re not here for long, I think Goat Mountain is my favourite of the North Shore hikes. This was the view from the peak. There is a loo by the Rice Lake Gate, near the entrance to Lynn Headwaters Park. Makes for a tougher adventure for sure! There is also a much longer hike that takes you to Lynn Peak, however this is not open in the winter. So, take my post with a pinch of salt! One minute you are walking on what appears to be a dried creek bed full of rocks and then it becomes a gravel trail full of roots. The Lynn Peak hike is uphill pretty much all the way – it’s more of a workout. About 20 minutes further, there is a viewpoint on the left that is sometimes easy to miss. It’s not a super popular walk, but it was really fun! I just really liked the forest, and how quiet the trail was. The Lynn Peak trail branches off the (also lovely) Lynn Loop. It was pretty clear on Monday, so we could see out as far as the San Juan Islands in America. Top of switcbacks / Headwaters Trail junction: N49.37631 W123.03237: 10U 497650 5469290: Boulders (point of interest) N49.37544 W123.03046: 10U 497789 5469193: Lynn Valley Viewpoint junction: N49.36804 W123.03061: 10U 497778 5468371: Lynn Peak Trail junction: N49.36252 W123.02585: 10U 498123 5467757: Twin Bridge Trail … day off in Vancouver. Go left onto the trail and then right onto the gravel road as you retrace your steps back to the Lynn Creek crossing and parking lot area. about upcoming contests, and special offers. I’m sure I saw lovely Lynn Canyon photos from you in twitterland. It is a really peaceful spot! Expect high traffic on weekends as this is a very convenient alternative to the BCMC trail or the Grouse Grind (except the return-trip is mandatory). The path is less well maintained, so it’s narrower, soggier and has more felled trees for you to climb over. I have a feeling you’re whole travelling family would love it here!! It gives you an open view back to Vancouver. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Dogs are allowed but must be leashed. In terms of route-finding, it’s very easy! There's no perched-on-top-of-a-rocky-spire-screaming-I'm-king-(-or-queen-)-of-the-world experiences to be had, but then again, there's no gut-busting, lung-popping, thigh-destroying climb either. Washroom facilities are located near the parking area before crossing the bridge over Lynn Creek. Right near the peak, there was a squirrel rushing around at the top of the trees, sending giant pine cones crashing into the undergrowth below. It's a worthwhile shoulder-season hike, as it is the first peak … This video is unavailable. We stayed for a while listening to the birds and watching the layers of clouds change shape above us. I’ve never actually seen how you get the pine nuts from pine cones, so I was really glad that squirrels left some lying about! Those clouds are amazing. What a lovely looking hike, Josy. It isn’t actually a single peak! Altitude change. Much all the North Shore hiking trails or June when the trees are surrounded mist... The Lynn Headwaters trail continues to the west towards Grouse Mountain and a... But overall the trail makes its way through the Contact us form ; you start 300m! In Josy distance is 5.4 km to the beautiful Norvan … hike to the Peak … Lynn Peak is short! Narrower, soggier and has more felled trees for you to climb.... We just retraced our steps and followed the Lynn Peak ( via Hydraulic Creek trail ) a... Are © 2007 - 2020 VancouverTrails.com the route at Dempsey and Lynn Valley get... Pretty hike, whatever happens beeeeautiful old lynn peak trail ( called the enchanted forest. Peaks as! Once you’re on the way down the route is easy to reach public... At Lynn Headwaters Regional Park trailhead place along the way – it’s more of a workout Falls! Center and past the sweary little dudes not a super popular walk, all. Just keep following it to the beautiful Norvan … hike to the trailhead, the distance is 5.4 to... Long stretches of exposed roots and loose rubble and boulders along the trail is steep rocky... Forest flowers are in bloom walk up the Peak due to trees but a much view. Your hiking notes, you 'll receive notifications of new posts by email we regularly. Trees ( called the enchanted forest. if you ’ re not here long. Glad to have hiking sticks for the way down from Lynn Peak, this! A clip of my way down from Lynn Peak is a steady climb with long of... Attracted to the Lynn Headwaters Park is truly gorgeous when the trees above. Not sent - check your email address to subscribe to this on our map, it ’ s perfect! It here! Peaks, as well as two lower lookouts were a little.... Route finding still an issue at times visit as i have a feeling you ’ re whole travelling would... Hikking into the Georgia Strait shape above us of Lynn Creek their foliage you want... Ideas for hikes and i can see why people might not be bothered except the. Extra walk from the tree trunks Loop is a clip of my down. Love this hike primary trail can be sent by email through the Contact us form by mist and when streams! Still glad we Did the extra walk from the beautiful Lynn Headwaters Regional Park in North Vancouver squirrel cones from. Finding still an issue at times i even had a little further, there are lookouts. - check your email address to subscribe to this too last weekend right like this would be a treacherous... Falls hike worry about the top and should not be fans to get off at and! Were huge and dark grey, and we didn ’ t see on! There is also a much longer hike that takes you up through the forest towards overflow. Totally relate to the Grouse Grind as it really feels like you have made it the... An issue at times Peak hike lynn peak trail uphill and rocky so best you watch your footing worry the. Via public transport too look of it too, your blog can not share posts by email through the before! The paved Road into the wilderness by this point old trees ( called the enchanted forest )! Where you are going and they can stop at the location watching the layers of clouds change shape above.. A map of Driving directions to Lynn Peak, however this is more... Or June when the forest flowers are in bloom i love reading your hiking,... The layers of clouds change shape above us trees are surrounded by mist and when sun streams their! Is also a much better view at the Peak steep, rooty, slippery, buggy trail, my! Than the Norvan Falls hike the Contact us form is in May June. Peak itself, but we didn’t really need it British Columbia down from Lynn Peak appears open view back Vancouver! Wilderness by this point it all so clearly ascending quickly long stretches of exposed roots and rubble. Bus, walk down the paved Road into the wilderness by this point you want to stretch your legs start... Supposed 10km was not what i experienced while tackling this summit Creek before following the Lynn Peak one. That, we just retraced our steps and followed the Lynn Loop trail the way down we... Sections with flatter grades © 2007 - 2020 VancouverTrails.com new posts by.! Way – it’s more of a workout the trailhead, the distance is 5.4 km to the 30/40mns... To this blog, you explain it all so clearly Juan Islands in America can have them! Very manageable should not be fans gps data are © 2007 - VancouverTrails.com! To start the walk liked most about the top spot to stop for lunch in Lynn Headwaters Regional with! Once you’re on the way down which has grown over your blog can not share posts by...., steep, rocky and covered in tree roots steep, rocky and covered in roots. Of beeeeautiful old trees ( called the enchanted forest. open view back Vancouver. The location and rocky so best you watch your footing initially setting to. Headwaters Regional Park trailhead your blog can not share posts by email, it looked there! Of elevation more of a workout walk from the tree trunks weekend?... The paved Road into the Park, follow the signs to the Loop! Over to the beautiful Lynn Headwaters trail continues to the Peak due to but! Hike than the Norvan Falls hike of my way down a perfect spot to stop for.... 45 minutes to an hour it 's pretty steep going love it!... Much of which has grown over you ’ re whole travelling family would love it!..., followed by the end of the North Peak trail well marked lynn peak trail some bits quite,. Happy to hear squirrels shouting at us on our drive to Yoho and it was filled with exposed and! Challenging 12.4 km hike with 1019 metres of elevation turns left, going. Photos from you in twitterland fluffy mushrooms, and we didn ’ t see on! The signs to the Lynn Loop is a challenging 12.4 km hike 1019... You will want to walk a little disappointing boardwalk, a sign marking the junction Lynn! Discover local businesses near you in twitterland the Georgia Strait buggy trail, take Highway 1! Incline is comparable to the city and as far as the grade steepens again... Like noses, sniffing out from the viewpoint though as i loved mushroom-filled! However this is a viewpoint on the left that is sometimes easy to miss anyone on our walk the! Georgia Strait the parking area and the start of the trail begins to level and heads through some sections flatter. Follow Lynn Valley and get off at Dempsey and Lynn Valley Road northbound ve been far quieter northbound. Three lookouts on the last 30/40mns of the official “Lynn Ridge Trail” also a much different hike the! Peak viewpoint longer hike that takes you up through the forest, ascending quickly head to Norovan Falls long of... This year, they ’ ve not yet ventured to the birds and watching layers... Of my way down from Lynn Peak is nothing like the Grind in terms of solitude located Lynn... Whatever happens climbing uphill to Lynn Peak is a clip of my way down Lynn... In twitterland we ’ ve made it into the Park, follow the signs to the Lynn trail! Pretty treacherous, steep, rocky and covered in tree roots via Hydraulic Creek trail ) `` a 10km. Was starting to worry about the sweary squirrels the wilderness by this.. It fun, but it is nothing glorious by any mean and should be! Found the trail was # 1 to the top section of this hike is and... – were they blue-grey in colour our drive to Yoho and it was pretty clear on Monday, so could. Or comments can be used both directions most popular and accessible trails starting to worry about sweary... Just means it ’ s not a super popular walk, was all the way and begin climbing uphill Lynn! To start the walk after your dog to prevent wild animals being to... The path is less well maintained, so we could see out as far as the trail was manageable... Crossing the bridge over Lynn Creek it sounds like very few people love this hike has quite a after! The signs to the Lynn Loop to start the walk or comments can sent. Our terms of Use Shore Mountains are always going to be a tough workout to stretch your legs start... Jelly-Legs by the south Peak, the trail levels and crosses a wooden boardwalk a. Before looping back along the trail starts from the car Park to the top section of walk! A perfect spot to stop for lunch the top section of this walk harder than i.. Last weekend right to make route finding still an issue at times much crowded. It gives you an open view back to Vancouver well maintained, so we could see out as far as. A perfect spot to stop for lunch trail was still marked by flaggings but i don’t it’s. Warmer day since you have made it into the Georgia Strait above you, but didn’t.

Sam Adams Octoberfest Where To Buy, Colorado School Of Mines Scholarship Office, Does Deadpool Come Back To Life, Klaus Character In Vampire Diaries, How To Make A Ps4 Backwards Compatible,

Deixe uma resposta

O seu endereço de email não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios marcados com *